If you are a teen or young adult struggling with overeating, undereating, purging or other compulsive food behaviors, OA offers hope.
You need not feel alone. Teens and young adults have found recovery in Overeaters Anonymous. Teens can find recovery for overeating, undereating, purging and other compulsive food behaviors.
- OA is a supportive, safe place to share your struggles with food.
- There are no “diets” in OA, and OA won’t tell you what you should or should not eat.
- Anonymity means we guard each other’s privacy.
- You will not be singled out for being too young, too overweight or too underweight.
- In OA we help each other make responsible choices about our lives by listening and sharing our experiences.
- Those under 18 are asked to attend meetings with a supportive parent or guardian. The parent or guardian need not sit in the meeting, but he or she should be available nearby.