OA Intergroup Number 09089
New Freedom Intergroup Purpose
The purpose of New Freedom Intergroup is to promote unity within the Intergroup, provide a forum for the exchange of ideas, recognize and serve the needs of member Groups, and carry the message of Overeaters Anonymous to the compulsive overeater who still suffers by
- Furthering the OA program in accordance with the Twelve Steps, Twelve Traditions and Nine Tools of OA, guided by the Twelve Concepts of OA Service;
- Holding regular monthly Intergroup meetings and encouraging the participation of OA Group representatives in those meetings;
- Providing a format for selection of Board Officer nominees;
- Enhancing unity of Groups and facilitating organization of Groups within the Intergroup;
- Planning events aimed at attraction in conjunction with PI/PO goals set by the Intergroup and its member Groups;
- Conducting various recovery events and workshops that help further the aims of the Intergroup and member Groups.
Correspondence and donations can be mailed directly to the New Freedom Intergroup:
P. O. Box 550842
Jacksonville, Florida 32255
Note: Please make donations attention to the NFI Treasurer. Group meetings held in the North Florida Intergroup area of Region 8 may mail any contributions directly to NFI at the above address or donate through our online donation feature.