Giving OA Service
Service is one of the nine tools of OA. Service helps us strengthen our recovery and connects us to our OA fellowship.
NFI has the following board positions open:
Please note these positions come with abstinence requirements. For more information on these requirements, you may email NFI at email@example.com or consult the updated NFI bylaws.
Service committees are always seeking OA members to serve, sharing their ideas and energy to fulfill our primary purpose: carrying the message to the compulsive overeater who still suffers.
OA members may perform service in a variety of ways:
- Serving as a meeting group representative
- Volunteering for a meeting group service position
- Serving on a convention or retreat planning committee
- Serving on an NFI service committee
- Attending regular OA meeting groups
- Planning and attending special OA meetings and events
- Making outreach calls to newcomers and returning members
- Making 12th-Step Within calls
OA Group Service
OA meeting groups may establish service positions within their meeting. A variety of OA meeting service positions are possible:
Read more about the tool of service and the nine tools of OA at OA’s World Service Web site.